cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Redesigning the Samples
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2004 09:43:03 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> -1 to the logo change.
>

> Any particular reason? Would you object to say, color change only? Or to
> slight letter shape changes?

Read what Sylvain wrote: changing in such a radical way dilutes the
brand. why radical? well, logos shouldn't be shaded or they will be
almost impossible to print on things.

The cocoon 2.0 logo was designed to be vector graphics and no shades, so
that it was easily embedded in almost all sort of merchandising.

Lots of thinking went into that logo and I'm against changes just to
refresh things. Cocoon has a strong identity now, and it's due also to
the catchy name and the unique logo.

I'm +1 to refreshing the look of the pages, but the logo shouldn't
change or we signal a transition that might worry people.

--
Stefano.