cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: JXTG and caching - IT'S DONE
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 17:26:43 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Fab.
>
> The below all reads okay to me. It would seem reasonable that the
> template must be read in setup now. [As an aside, is the jxt file
> cached? Or does it need to be read with every request? Maybe the parsed
> jxt could be put into the transient store or something?]
The parsed template model is being put into "local" cache - a map. That
should go to transient store - I do not know the purpose of current
solution.

> I would suggest:
> (a) patch the JXTemplateGenerator itself, rather than creating a new class.
Sure, this is what I am about to do. I just prepared the initial version
that does not affect any existing sources.

> (b) Post this as a patch to Bugzilla. Then, hopefully someone'll get the
> chance to check it and commit it.
OK

One more thing: The jx transformer will never be cacheable - not possible.

	LG