cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: error handling
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 07:59:09 GMT
> I think we can use the available things.
>
> We discussed two solutions: specifying it at the call, like:
>
> cocoon:handle-error:/something or cocoon:/something?cocoon:handle-error=true

Uaaahh ....maybe the first one - but this looks
dead ugly and feels more like hack for what should
be the default.

...or how would you explain a user that a pipeline
behaves differenlty whether it's been called from
the browser or from cocoon?

> (Note the ':' in the second example which is not allowed for
> usual request parameters).

Noted - still ugly ;)

> and specifying it in the called pipeline:
> <map:pipeline handle-errors-for-internal-calls="true"/>

This looks much better

> The names of the attributes/request-parameters I used have not been
> set in the discussions. I just used here some to show the principle.

:-)

What about...

   <map:pipeline handle-errors="always|external|internal"/>

our current behaviour would be "external".
I would like to have "always" andt the
"internal" option might be FS ;)

> Now, implementing this should be a two or three liner :) I already
> had it implemented but lost the code...

You can also give me a hand ...up to you.

cheers
--
Torsten