cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: swf block
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:57:24 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> As we decided to deprecate the swf block in the last 2.1.5 release I
> create a new sample how to use flash with cocoon.
>
> If there aren't any objections I will nuke the swf block and add the
> flash sample. (no further components are needed anymore)
>
> Everyone alright with that?

+1 since Spark is dead and not featured enough for some serious work.

But the need to produce Flash exists (opposed to having the Flash
fetching XML data) : we're using it to display animated diagrams on
small devices (PDAs & phones) where SVG is not available. In order to
save bandwidth and CPU, we send the diagram as a Flash movie (generated
by Cocoon), and XML fetching is only used for animation (changing
colors, moving objects, etc).

We've investigating KineticFusion (commercial, [1]) which does a nice
job. Anybody else having some experience with it or some other
equivalent tool?

Sylvain

[1] http://www.kinesissoftware.com/