cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: AW: JXTG and caching
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 12:21:28 GMT
Marco Rolappe wrote:
>>If your business object takes an age to instantiate, and you can decide
>>whether or not to instantiate it based upon request parameters, then
>>wrap it in a lighter component that does (in pseudocode):
>

> IMO that's what the controller would be supposed to do; just like preparing
> the bizData and 'sending' it to the flow context, it would determine the
> caching info and send it to the flow context. then JXT would use the bizdata
> and accompanying cache info from the flow context. SoC IMO.
Imagine that you have a view that is constructed out of several aggregates
(nested to be harder). Every aggregation part has it's own validity so while
preparing data you would have to consider the exact view composition and
generate view for those parts which already expired. Not so much SoC IMO.

>>It seems to me that Sylvains suggested extension of jxt has a great deal
>>of power in it.
>

> yeah, why don't introduce jx:logic so we can do it directly in the template?
And end up like XSP did ? :)