cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Adding a global validation message to a form?
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:11:25 GMT
On 01.06.2004 23:43, Bruno Dumon wrote:

>>>Once we have this kind of functionality, we can drop the fd:messages
>>>widget which was introduced as a temporary solution.
>>>
>>>OTOH, from monitoring the users list, it seems a fd:message widget
>>>(singular) would be useful since many users are now using the fd:output
>>>widget for outputting messages (and then need to do special things to
>>>get i18n working for that).
>>
>>Hmm, not every form message must be necessarily an error, maybe they are
>>just info (without the need for a failing validation). So we need a
>>mixture of fd:message and the described functionality for the form
>>itself. Maybe even this makes the fd:message not superfluous because the
>>messages can be placed more fine-grained with it.
>

> you mean fd:messages ? (with the 's')

Oh, you make a difference between singular and plural. Then I have to
re-read the last sections ... ah, there is also a "singular" in parantheses.

At the moment we have fd:messages. You can have many of them and add one
or more messages. So, yes, I meant fd:messages. But what's the use case
of having fd:message additionally or as replacement if fd:messages is
dropped?

Joerg