cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: invalid content length
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:46:33 GMT
On 21.05.2004 21:36, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

>> Can anybody tell me what can cause the invalid content length?
>
> Found at least the reason: A stylesheet is imported via cocoon:/ and in
> this pipeline the stylesheet is *read* from disk, the ResourceReader
> also sets the content-length header, the 919 bytes are the length of the
> stylesheet.

> Now the question how to fix it. Referencing the stylesheet in the same
> way directly from the sitemap would result in a ProcessingException:
> "Streaming of an internal pipeline is not possible with a reader."
> (AbstractProcessingPipeline, line 678).
>
> 1st issue: That this exception is not thrown when the stylesheet is
> imported by another stylesheet via cocoon:/ is 1.) somewhat inconsistent
> and 2.) hints on a bigger problem (why is this internal request not
> recognized as an internal request?).
>
> On the one hand we could for simplification throw an exception for this
> case too - however this case will be recognized as internal request. On
> the other hand there is no need for it as transformers don't need to be
> streamed - otherwise it would not work using the reader as it did. This
> would allow to write partly shorter sitemaps, but I don't know if it's
> worth the effort to recognize internal requests sent by transformer steps.
>
> 2nd issue: Letting the reader set the headers "unasked" does not sound
> like IoC. The SitemapOutputComponent has a method
> shouldSetContentLength(), the AbstractReader implements it by returning
> false, but the ResourceReader sets it? Thinking in code smells [1] this
> stinks :)

Just another issue I want to nag you. Nobody cares or has an opinion? I
would like to have solved both issues: 1. correct recognition of
internal pipelines. 2. the reader is explicitely asked for setting the
headers or this tasks is completely removed from it and put into the
pipeline - but no auto magic.

Joerg