cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Use of the what command with java code
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 08:30:34 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz dijo:
> Le 9 juin 04, à 09:55, Sylvain Wallez a écrit :
>
>> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> What if you have a partial update, e.g. keep the officially released
>> core, but use a snapshot of a periperal function or blocks?
>
> Hmmm...yes, that's clearly a use-case for individual file revision
> info. Another case would be when you have your own source code control
> system for parts of Cocoon that you (temporarily) maintain yourself,
> like what you currently do with your forms stuff.
>
> Note that I have nothing against your including of source files in jars
> as a switchable option - you're right that this is the more precise
> info that we can provide.
>
> My conclusion would be that including the SVN revision number as
> proposed by Antonio is good for the common case, and your "include
> source in jars" switch can be used for extreme/uncommon cases - so why
> not have both?

Sylvain:

Please, note I already agreed with your proposal. I understand it is
convenient at special cases.

I am just against to make them a default.

About the SVN Revision Number, I think is convenient too and it will be
enough for snapshot users. But, I am not sure if it can be "on" as
default.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.