cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject [RT] Cocoon component container and excalibur
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2004 05:31:01 GMT
Hi:

I need to accept I am lost in the component containers.

Cocoon is migrating to a new container architecture. The question
remaining in my mind is: How to develop components right now? In the sense
that we don't want to write components for ECM, because it is almost dead.
How to avoid to rewrite when the new component container in Cocoon will
raise?

People wanting to write new components now, hope they will be deployable
in the next Cocoon container or with less changes will be full deployed
outside a legacy container as it was promised. Where is the path to that?
Exists it at all?

I am facing the above question now and I decided to make this post,
because i think other people have the same problem. Or it is only me?

Need we to wait until the new Cocoon container get life? Am I missing
something?

The things are even worse: some people suggest Web services as the right
path, others said that Flow with Javascript is a nowhere path. Don't miss
the pressure of EJB vs. lightweight containers, etc.

WDYT?

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo