cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Including source files in jars
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:22:30 GMT
Sylvain Wallez dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
> <snip/>

>>>Having two files gives no guarantee that they are consistent, and allows
>>> clueless people to inadvertently delete the source archives just to
>>> purge useless files.
>>>

>>They will can download (or recompile) it again ;-)
>>

> I'm sorry Antonio,  but I think you missed the point. The problem when
> working with unreleased versions is that it is extremely difficult to
> know *what sources* were used for the build.

I know, but I had in mind SVN. I wrote a long mail explaining why I don't
like, but before send it I thought it was too much. Maybe while cutting
down the mail is not clear. Sorry for that.

I understand your concern and I am just against to make it a "default".

I think the release procedure is large enough to add another point where
to make a mistake. I know we can talk about automatization of release
procedure, etc.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo