cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] preservation policy for third-party snapshot sources
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:48:42 GMT
On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 11:13:22AM +0200, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> >Please cast your votes:
> >[ ] do not keep sources
> >[ ] keep sources as separate zip files
> >[X] keep sources in jar files
>
> This solution ensures permanent and unambiguous availability of snapshot
> sources, especially in critical situations such as commando-debugging at
> a customer site months after the deployment (yes, we sometimes deploy
> unreleased Cocoon versions).

+1  To me this is a strong argument, because this seems to be when you
really want the source, and need to be sure it is the exactly right version.

Perhaps we could supply a source-stripping target or build property that
would trim the source out for those who still do not want it? I.e. by
default you are "safe" (source is included for the limited case of
unreleased third-parties), but you could still go without if you prefer.

--Tim Larson