cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Brick <terry_brick2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: REQ: An "escapeXml" attribute in JXT macro/script output
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:11:11 GMT

> I think this is not the good way to do that. What if the input string
> was a wiki entry. It is also some kind of input data formatting.

The idea is to give the user control of the output.  So if, in the case you mention, you wanted
the XML escaped (as it is currently doing), then the attribute would read escapeXml="true"
(as is
the current default and the *only* option in the tag).  In most of my instances, I would be
doing
escapeXml="false".
In my mind, the current functionality would be considered more "data formatting"... but the
problem is it's doing it whether we want it or not.

> We need taglibs for jx. Could the functionality of TagTransformer be
> merged with JXTemplateGenerator?

I agree... taglibs would be very nice.  Seems like JSTL could be incorporated.