cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Terry Brick <terry_brick2...@yahoo.com>
Subject REQ: An "escapeXml" attribute in JXT macro/script output
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 23:09:38 GMT
Hello,
This request is carried over from the users list regarding introducing XML from a
variable/component into the JXT output stream.
For example, let's say I have Java bean with a String property that holds XML text.  If, in
my
template, I do something like...
${MyBean.XML}
... Then all of the XML characters are escaped.
For example,
<para>
..becomes..
&lt;para&gt;

I would think that for most Cocoon users, this is undesirable behavior most of the time.
The current workaround is to have the bean property return a DOM Document instead of a String.

However, in many cases, other than to accomodate this workaround, I have no other need to
create a
DOM document within my Java component.... so it seems like there could be some unecessary
overhead
associated with doing that.  I guess that depends on how Cocoon handles the doc... maybe it's
wash.
Anyway, an escapeXml="true/false" attribute on the JX output tags (similar to JSTL) would
certainly be handy IMO.

Thanks!