cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: I'm back for a short stint
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:46:13 GMT
On 08 Jun 2004, at 20:22, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Tim Larson wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 01:54:40PM -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>> At least as a user.
>>>
>>> I'm going to have to throw together a "drill-down" way to print
>>> reports
>>> for a web-service/database backed system.  I'm going to have to get
>>> my
>> I assume you know about the "drill-down" support in xReporter, and
>> that
>> it can create reports either from a database or from xml data fetched
>> from elsewhere, such as from a web-service.
>
> Actually no.  I haven't been actively involved with Cocoon code for
> almost two years no (I can't believe it has been that long....).

http://xreporter.cocoondev.org/ is where you can find all about
xReporter. It consists of a standalone (Phoenix-based) server
application in which you deploy report definitions (using an XML
definition syntax), and which provides a ReST-like access to them (XML
over HTTP using Jetty). Above that, we have a Cocoon application for
selecting, parametrizing  and running web-based reports. Over time, we
have seen quite a few happy users.

HTH,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org