cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging and log4j
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 07:04:23 GMT
Le 8 juin 04, à 08:44, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
> ...1. What should Cocoon offer to support log4j? So, everyone
> out there who wants to use/is using log4j with Cocoon, what
> are you missing? Examples could be, a support for configuring
> log4j via Cocoon etc.

I think a howto about using log4j would be good, but I'm for making it
default anyway.

> 2. Should we make log4j (with the improved wrapper idea from
> above) the default?

Yes.
log4j is the best-known logging package today, and if we think there
might be a performance hit for using them (although I don't think we
have any figures yet) a technote for performance-minded people would
do.

-Bertrand, who lives almost next door to Ceki Gülcü ;-)