cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Evans <jon.ev...@misgl.com>
Subject Re: [heads up] [cforms] problem with calendar popup on ie6
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:46:14 GMT
Hi Marc,

On 10 May 2004, at 21:21, Marc Portier wrote:

> I just checked in an update for one of our cforms samples that reveals
> somewhat nasty visual presentation of the nice calendar widget we use

> if placed just above a (multi-line) selection list (like done now) the
> calendar popup seems to be kept behind that selection list...
>
> anyone that has a clue what is causing this?

As others have said, it's an IE issue, and manipulating z-order doesn't
help. :-(

For our app we have added some javascript - just before the popup
appears, we do a collision check on all drop-downs on the page (we
don't use multi-selects, but it could be extended to include them).
Any that collide are hidden until the popup goes away.  Originally we
just hid all drop-downs, but that was too noticeable.

If you want the code, let me know.

Incidentally Safari/Mac has the same issue with the scroll bars on text
areas (they always appear on top).

Jon