cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Johnston, Jason" <jason.johns...@Intrado.com>
Subject Re: [CForms] union case as relative path
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:35:19 GMT
On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 21:10, Tim Larson wrote:
> > How actively is the new choice/case widget being developed?  Will it
> > replace union altogether or supplement it?  If switching union to use
> > lookupWidget() as I originally described turns out to function properly
> > would a patch be accepted in the official tree?  I'm new to the Cocoon
> > community's development process so please forgive my ignorance.
>
> Marc and I were trying to develop it, but we both ran out of time.
> Anyone is welcome to code it.  I would also welcome incremental
> improvements like lookupWidget to the union widget in CForms, and don't
> _think_ others would object either.

That's good to hear.  We're going to be trying out the getChild ->
lookupWidget change in our development tree, make sure it works like we
need, and give it a good bit of testing.  Once we're sure it's a good
fix I'll submit a patch to this list, or is it better to file a bug
report and attach it there?

Things are backed up around here so the whole process may take a week or
two.

Thanks again,
--Jason