cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [heads up] PMC chair nominations
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2004 09:24:07 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Just to clarify things: we agreed little more than a year ago that we
> should make this "Chair" job a low-fuzz/low-profile thing. ...
> <snip nice clarification/>

Thanks. Everyone remember that the chairperson of a meeting
is usually a task that nobody really wants and usually
someone just gets volunteered for it. Its role is to keep
the meeting in order, let everyone be heard, keep the agenda
on track, remind people of upcoming commitments ...
It is the group itself that does the actual work. However
being the chair, one does seem to take on extra work.

--David