cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralph Goers" <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: >*Cough*< Download Size >*Cough*<
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:14:00 GMT
Just for grins I ran a du on Cocoon-2.1.5.  These numbers don't
necessarily correspond to what is in the zip/gzipped tar as source should
compress better than jars, but this is what I got. To summarize, out of
95MB 75MB is source and 61MB is in blocks.  About 10% (9MB) is scratchpad.

The lib directory takes up abuot 12MB. I'd expect that to be pretty much
the same inside the zip/gzipped tar, so the vast majority of the rest is
probably the compressed source.

One way to reduce the size of the download is to remove the dependent
jars. This has been discussed here many, many times.  However, I'm
wondering how much scratchpad stuff should disappear. I haven't looked at
what is in it, but shouldn't there be some rule about how long something
can stay there?

For the root directory I got:
8	blocks.properties
4	build.bat
8	build.properties
4	build.sh
4	build.xml
16	cli.xconf
8	cocoon.bat
8	cocoon.sh
4	CREDITS.txt
4	DESKTOP.INI
8	forrest.properties
40	gump.xml
8	INSTALL.txt
12	KEYS
804	legal
12752	lib
4	README.txt
75652	src
112	status.xml
3500	tools

I then ran it again on the src subdirectory:
61768	blocks
16	confpatch
532	deprecated
4916	documentation