cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Groovy, Flow & Page Templates
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 05:51:31 GMT
Le 8 juin 04, à 21:16, Tony Collen a écrit :

> ...  <map:generate type="script" src="{1}.gy"/>
>   sendPageAndWait("confirm_register.gsp", {"bizdata" : bizdata});
>
> How would one go about getting:
>   a) The bizdata object
>   b) The continuation id

I guess the question is "where does sendPageAndWait store bizdata", but
I don't know ;-)

If it's request attributes, you'll be able to get at them from Groovy
through the objectModel and then the request object. And the
ScriptableGenerator can be easily ehanced to make more stuff available
directly to Groovy scripts.

Note that, last time I checked, the execution of Groovy-based pages was
*very* slow, like down to 2 pages per second only. It might not be a
Groovy problem, but rather our naive implementation which probably
initializes a lot of stuff and interprets the Groovy script every time.
There are better ways to embed Groovy than BSF tough [1], so it might
be worth writing something better in someone's Copious Free Time...

-Bertrand

[1] http://groovy.codehaus.org/Embedding+Groovy