cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing groovy
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:07:24 GMT

On Jun 17, 2004, at 1:13 PM, Steven Noels wrote:

> On 17 Jun 2004, at 12:53, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>
>> Bottom line: unless we leverage a major JDK1.4 advantage (which AFAIK
>> is not the case in the current codebase), I'd be -1 to a version
>> upgrade.
>
> How can we leverage what can't be adopted? ;-)

With a proposal, I guess. If someone comes up with a plan of having, say

a) a much better error handling because of the different exception
treatment;

b) a stable flow implementation;

c) a much faster XSLT rendering because of NIO-aware XSL engines (not
that I'm aware of);

d) ... something like that improving the core ...

I'd gladly jump on the 1.4 bandwagon. As long as we're talking about
optional stuff not belonging to the core, I'd rather stick to 1.3 for a
while.

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino