cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Ratcliffe" <a...@premasys.com>
Subject RE: Custom Transformer: attributes lost when serialized XML recording
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 02:59:58 GMT
Some further investigation shows that this is the default behaviour of
the SAX parser to not pass in the
namespace attribute with the rest of the element attributes in
startElement().

I set the parser namespace-prefixes feature property to 'true' in
cocoon.xconf to allow the namespace
attribute to be passed through.

I'm still not seeing the namespace attribute when I output the document
fragment from endSerializedXMLRecording().

Any ideas?

Cheers
Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Ratcliffe [mailto:adam@premasys.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 15 June 2004 11:03 a.m.
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Custom Transformer: attributes lost when serialized XML
recording

I have a custom transformer that extends AbstractSaxTransformer for
making XML-RPC calls.  It extracts a method call element from an input
document and sends this to the remote service for processing.

My problem is that when I use the startSerializedXMLRecording() method
from AbstractSaxTransformer to collect the method call fragment it
records elements only and the namespace attribute on the top-level
element is lost.

This isn't a problem with the generator that creates the input document
as I can see the attributes if I serialize the document after
generation.

Is there a configuration step that I'm missing?

public void startElement(String uri, String name, String raw, Attributes
attr)
 throws SAXException {
 if (name.equals(XMLRPC_REQUEST_ELEMENT)) {
     this.stack.push("end");
 } else if (name.equals(XMLRPC_SERVICE_ELEMENT)){
            this.startTextRecording();
 } else if (name.equals(XMLRPC_METHOD_CALL_ELEMENT)) {

this.startSerializedXMLRecording(XMLUtils.defaultSerializeToXMLFormat(tr
ue));
 } else {
            super.startElement(uri, name, raw, attr);
        }
    }