cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Ratcliffe" <a...@premasys.com>
Subject Custom Transformer: attributes lost when serialized XML recording
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:02:31 GMT
I have a custom transformer that extends AbstractSaxTransformer for
making XML-RPC
calls.  It extracts a method call element from an input document and
sends this to
the remote service for processing.

My problem is that when I use the startSerializedXMLRecording() method
from
AbstractSaxTransformer to collect the method call fragment it records
elements
only and the namespace attribute on the top-level element is lost.

This isn't a problem with the generator that creates the input document
as I can
see the attributes if I serialize the document after generation.

Is there a configuration step that I'm missing?

public void startElement(String uri, String name, String raw, Attributes
attr)
 throws SAXException {
 if (name.equals(XMLRPC_REQUEST_ELEMENT)) {
     this.stack.push("end");
 } else if (name.equals(XMLRPC_SERVICE_ELEMENT)){
            this.startTextRecording();
 } else if (name.equals(XMLRPC_METHOD_CALL_ELEMENT)) {

this.startSerializedXMLRecording(XMLUtils.defaultSerializeToXMLFormat(tr
ue));
 } else {
            super.startElement(uri, name, raw, attr);
        }
    }