cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: XSP not working in CVS head?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 11:27:56 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler <at> s-und-n.de> writes:

> It seems this is due to the move to JCS :(
>
> The logicsheet is put into the cache and JCS casts this to
> Serializable in org.apache.jcs.access.CacheAccess.put().
>
> So, what do we do now...

Yes, JCS requires objects to implement Serializable (quite acceptable
requirement for a cache ). The same problem occurred with Pagesheet from the
Paginator transformer. I've made both Logicsheet and Pagesheet implement
Serializable. Alternatively we could let the JCSStore implementation check
whether the object to store implements Serializable and if not wrap the object
in a Serializable wrapper (at the cost of some performance). After all, the
Store interface takes Object types, not Serializables.

--
Unico