cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Fed up with build discussions: proposed deal
Date Sat, 29 May 2004 13:31:04 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> 1 -> using import and subant this can be made much easier to change
>> and debug, and have each block be able to customize the build
> Please try to avoid adding build.xml for each block...

Actually, that's what I was going to do, along with creating a gump.xml
descriptor for each block.

Here is the build.xml:

    <import file="../common-build.xml">

This makes it possible to build the block in a totally indipendent way
from Cocoon, and frees us to move it where we want to later on.

>> 3 -> some really see it as an issue
> I don't ;-)

The fact is that it *is* easier to have autodownload, as ther eis no jar
fetching to do. Jar updates are just a version change away in the

>> Also, the build of Cocoon can be made much better using macrodefs and
>> top level tasks.
> As long as it is fast. Once we removed usage of (IIRC) <ant/> task build
> became orders of magnitude faster.

That's why I want to test it alongside the current build :-)

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -