cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in Cocoon
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 15:43:13 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>> Unico Hommes wrote:
>>
>>> BTW I am not
>>> following Avalon developement very closely anymore, does anyone know
>>> what the
>>> status of LogKit is in Avalon itself (did they deprecate it?).
>>

>> Version 2.0.0 of LogKit has recently been released.
>

> What's new in 2.0? I don't see any changelogs at
> http://avalon.apache.org/logkit/ ...

Nothing new in terms of features.

The changes the prompted the the bump to 2.0.0 were related to removal
of the AvalonFormatter class that tied the LogKit implementation to
Avalon Framework (and the exposure of an operation to pass a specific
formatter instance to LogKit LogTarget).  End result - LogKit is now
independent of Framework.

Other changes to LogKit include some minor bug fixes and some small
implementation improvements.

Cheers, Stephen.