cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in Cocoon
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 00:04:56 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> WDYT?
>

> The reason why logkit was developped was because log4j made extensive
> use of static methods and that doesn't work very well with servlet
> environments.
>
> Ceki, anything to report on that front?
>
> NOTE: Cocoon is getting fed up with avalon and its community
> instabilities and we'd like to move away from it as much as possible.

Stefano:

Did that make you feel all warm and fluffy inside?

Seriously - if you have a problem avalon or its community you really
should post your opinions to that community and avoid little background
comments where possible.  Your probably aware that there is a proposal
to separate off the Excalibur content from Avalon - and I'm confident
you will in future be paying careful attention to you usage of
terminology - referring to Avalon when Avalon is the subject, and
referring to Excalibur when Excalibur is the subject.

Cheers, Stephen.