cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Move Cocoon to Maven
Date Wed, 26 May 2004 08:04:48 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> 3. The biggest advantage imho (and again this is my personal opinion -
> others
> might differ of course) are the different reports you get for free

Sorry Carsten, but this is a bit ridiculous, given all the lines of code
you pour into Cocoon. You know how many lines of code you need to
generate them in Ant?

In any case, we are going to add them to Forrest too for the lazy asses,
if you care.

Yes, I am being bad, but I find it incredible to hear that Maven is
great because it calls Ant to do trivial reports for you.

And looking at our current build, the main "offenders" are the doc
generation tasks (that I don't know how they can be so many as Forrest
should do it all by itself), and build targets that are really small,
except for customizations that you would do with Maven in any case.

This is how it can easily be done in Ant:
http://nick.chalko.com/smc2/blog/tech/Java/?permalink=AntWorks.txt

             - verba volant, scripta manent -