cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "JD Daniels" ...@datatrio.com>
Subject RE: [heads up] [cforms] problem with calendar popup on ie6
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 22:41:26 GMT
I fix this the hacky way....

put the calendar div inside an iframe
you can manipuliate the iframe the same way as a div.. however i gets slow
if you have a large form with many iframes being moved / toggled

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: Joerg Heinicke [mailto:joerg.heinicke@gmx.de]
Sent: May 10, 2004 12:54 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: [heads up] [cforms] problem with calendar popup on ie6

On 10.05.2004 22:21, Marc Portier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just checked in an update for one of our cforms samples that reveals a
> somewhat nasty visual presentation of the nice calendar widget we use
>
> please update, build, start cocoon and check over with:
> http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/forms/form1.flow
> then click the calendar icon next to the 'birthday' field
>

> if placed just above a (multi-line) selection list (like done now) the
> calendar popup seems to be kept behind that selection list...
>
> anyone that has a clue what is causing this?

No, but I heard about this being "normal" behaviour of IE. Somebody told
me about it last week when talking about CSS/XHTML hacks to not confuse
older browsers - or IE if it does not understand some particular one
like position:fixed
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=105796963000007&r=1&w=4). But I don't
remember the solution as it was not so important for me. I will ask him.

Joerg