cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marco Rolappe" <m_rola...@web.de>
Subject AW: JXTemplate performance
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 22:23:43 GMT
because the cacheability can't be determined automatically;

when using e.g. XML (from a file) + XSLT you can determine the validities
(last modification, template parameters, ...).

JXT deals with 'contexts' that contain objects. between runs JXT can't
automatically determine whether they have changed, since it doesn't (and of
course mustn't) know the objects.

my own fork of the generator has a contract defined for 'context object
providers' that can optionally supply caching info.