cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] - Move Cocoon to Maven
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 07:05:48 GMT
Although the vote is over, just my 2 cents:

Maven is a really useful tool *if* you know how to use it! I think
most projects that tried to use Maven and failed did not use it in
the right way. Just look at the mess Avalon tried to do with Maven.
If you want to use Maven, you have to use it the way Maven tells you
to do it. If you don't like this way, don't use Maven at all.

But if you choose to go this road, you will benefit from it. We
moved several projects from Ant to Maven and have a lot of advantages
now. (There are some disadvantages of course, like only one source
directory etc.)

Anyways, using Maven for Cocoon *now* is near to impossible or we
would loose all benefits Maven would provide us. If we would have
each block as a standalone sub project (aka real blocks) then
we could benefit from Maven.

Carsten