cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Plan] The future of Cocoon
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 15:03:42 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Before envisionning the deprecation of XSP (which I'm
> currently against), we must ensure alternative technologies
> provide a similar level of performance and those of the XSP
> features that are "clean" from a MVC POV.
Sure. We can only deprecate something if we have an alternative.

> These criticisms are of course about JXTemplate:
> - performance can be far better if we refactor it to remove
> the cascade of "if (event instanceof xxx)" used to interpret
> the template.
> - we need cacheable JXTemplates
> - we need an equivalent to ESQL which is sooo cool to extract
> data from a database.
>
> Time for a featured JellyGenerator or TempoGenerator?

Hey, don't spoil my RT :) Yes, there are only a few things to tackle
before my TempoGenerator can fully replace our jx template one. Some
things already work :)
I'm planning to put up an RT on this, so we can then discuss this
in a separate thread. But I think most of your points are already
taken into account.

Carsten