cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [RT] Generating docs and entries for sitemap component from JavaDocs
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 06:56:44 GMT
Sylvain Wallez  wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
> > On 03.05.2004 18:53, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> >
> >> Question : why do we need to add components from blocks in
> the main
> >> sitemap? We could just declare them in their respective samples
> >> sitemap...
> >

> > Other blocks can not use these components. These blocks
> would need to
> > get the component declarations from their "home" blocks.
>

> What they need is the corresponding class files. So as long
> as these classes are in WEB-INF/lib, they can declare the
> needed components in their own sitemap also. Or am I missing
> something?

Sure that would work. But we are adding sitemap components from
blocks to the main sitemap since we have blocks (fop etc.) and
imho it makes sense as these are general purpose components.
It might not make sense for special components like the portal
generator.
But we can fine tune this of course somehow.

Carsten