cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Testing the cache implementation....
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 08:59:07 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> >Ok, I thought I read somewhere that this had been fixed.
> >Anyways, yes, contacting them is the better way.
> >

> No, I believe it was an NPE on shutdown, or something like
> that - not very graceful.
>
> We'll see how they reply.
>
> I'd say it probably is a showstopper, but I'm not sure how
> much people rely upon the survival of the cache over shutdowns.
>
> The other option is to release with JISP, and fix straight
> after release, maybe then do a quick 2.1.6. After all, the
> JISP problems have been in releases already, so they're not
> quite showstoppers in the same way.
>
> Otherwise we're in danger of loosing our release often,
> release early maxim. Right here is where loosing that begins!!!

That is true, but unfortunately last friday a lot of us came up
and said "we can't release with jisp, it has bugs and this is
due to the refactoring of the stores". So this is not a bug
we had in 2.1.4.

I'm really starting to wonder if all this is really worth it.
If noone cared about the bug until last friday - the release
date - why is it so important now?

Carsten