cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Some CalendarGenerator code
Date Sun, 09 May 2004 07:03:32 GMT
Il giorno 09/mag/04, alle 05:04, roy huang ha scritto:

> 2.Use current generator user must extend it and using java .I believe
> many cocoon users don't know java much but just now xml.Using
> transformer user can just use xml to define data.

OK, I'll try to say it again, please read carefully and try to reply.

1) With the current generator, NOTHING stops you from putting a
transformer after it in the pipeline and add whatever data to any <day>
element. If, for instance, you want to add some elements whose content
is fetched from an SQL database, you can:

- do an XSL-T transformation to insert SQL queries inside <day> elements
- do an SQL transformation to execute those queries

You don't need to write a single line of Java code to do that.

2) If we were to make the CalendarGenerator a transformer, will you
please tell me what kind of input is this transformer meant to
transform? Is asking for a simple example too much?

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/