cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] integrating the Radeox wiki parser in Cocoon?
Date Thu, 06 May 2004 06:38:20 GMT
Le 6 mai 04, à 07:51, Marc Portier a écrit :
> ...I don't want to rain on anyones parade here, but do we need it?
> I understand it's useful and that 'it can be done' but for crying out
> loud: is this really a sample of a fundamentally new thing to cocoon?
> Or does it survive the 80/20 rule saying it's needed in 80% of
> cocoon's use cases out there?..

Probably not, but it's certainly a better wiki parser than the wiki
parser we have now in Cocoon, so having it onboard would be an
improvement. Wiki formats are here to stay, and IMHO our current
solution is suboptimal.

Note that the wrapper code needed to create a RadeoxWikiGenerator would
be fairly thin anyway, not a big thing.

Frankly, how many of our 53 blocks are needed in 80% of Cocoon's use
cases? Can you name even 10% of our blocks in this category?

> ...[x] Don't add it to cocoon cvs (even if license issues are fixed),
> find a nice and comfy hosting spot out there, mention it on wiki
> pages, potentially add a link to some 'blocks out there page' to be
> added to the xdocs,...

If there was an easy/popular way to distribute blocks outside of our
CVS I'd agree, but history tends to show that (here and now), "outside"
blocks get a lot less attention that "inside" ones.

-Bertrand