cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Moving to subversion - volunteers?
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 02:00:53 GMT
On 9 May 2004, at 22:15, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>
>> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>> We agreed that we move to subversion as soon as possible.
>>> Next friday we will (hopefully) release 2.1.5, so we should
>> move right
>>> after the release.
>>>
>>> Any volunteers for doing this?
>>
>> Err... what should we actually do?
>>
>> I mean, let's say that we have decided that the format will be:
>>
>> /cocoon/ <- this is the repository
>>    /2.0/
>>      /trunk/  <- trunk of 2.0
>>      /tags/   <- tags of 2.0
>>    /2.1/
>>      /trunk/  <- trunk of 2.1
>>      /tags/   <- tags of 2.1
>>
>> IIUC we just need to ask infrastructure to run cvs2svn to the
>> cocoon-2.1 and cocoon-2.2 repos and put them under "cocoon"
>> as 2.1 and 2.2.
>>
> Yes, but even if it's just an email, someone has to write it :)
>
> I think we should only move 2.1 to subversion and skip the 2.2
> repository in the long run.

Yes, but don't remove that "root" 2.x version with inside a trunk and
tags... it'll allow us to grow in the future (AKA, don't flatten the
directory structure)...

Start with

/2.1/
	/trunk/
     /tags/

so that in the future we can add all the next releases (and we can have
multiple trunks) and maybe even backport our CVS.

	Pier