cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Move Cocoon to Maven
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 21:32:25 GMT

> I propose to move Cocoon to Maven. Please VOTE:

I have a personal problem with maven. Everyone has his own limits, and
I have to recognize that I just seem not to be able to cope with
football, contemporary music, statistics and Maven.

I don't recall being able to actually build a maven project (Avalon
being a notable example), and I've read too many horror stories to
agree with the move, especially considering that maven can't be "built
in" as our ant is and that we're not distributing a binary version: I
can envision tons of angry users since the build procedure would get
even worse.

So, in the end, I really don't see those huge advantages and I can
foresee lots of issues. I'm ready to change my mind, but for now I have
to -1 this proposal.

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino