cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Reschedule the release
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 19:06:31 GMT
Il giorno 14/mag/04, alle 20:50, Antonio Gallardo ha scritto:

> Ugo Cei dijo:
>> In other words, offer both options but with EHCache as a default.
>
> I just hope we will not see the "jisp movie" again.

In that case, we have two options:

1) keep the current version of ehcache. If it has no bugs, why change?
2) drop ehcache and keep only JCS

Listen, I'm mostly thinking about first-time users. We have enough
troubles getting adopted in the low-end market, witness the numerous
threads on the users' list. And personally, after having used Cocoon
since the 1.7 times, I still have trouble understanding the meaning of
the store-janitor's parameters.

While we're at it, couldn't we drop the store-janitor or, if it's
really needed, make it smart enough to autoconfigure itself? I'd really
love to have a store configuration of this kind:

   <store size="small | medium | large"/>

Is this really asking too much?

	Ugo

--