cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Corin Moss" <Corin.M...@tvnz.co.nz>
Subject RE: Large xml's in cocoon
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 02:31:18 GMT

Hi Guys,

I have experienced similar problems.  My work around was:

1. Use the latest version of Xalan (there is a bug fix which is of
similar nature to this, although I can't recall what its number is.)
2.  Tweak the buffer size settings for your pipeline.

I think number 2 is probably a little superstitious ;) But do try it.

Corin

-----Original Message-----
From: Antonio Gallardo [mailto:agallardo@agssa.net]
Sent: Friday, 28 May 2004 2:29 p.m.
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Large xml's in cocoon

Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:
> Hmmm, Anna is right to report the problem though. I mean, why in hell
> an OutOfMemoryException get swollen like that?

Not sure. I don't think we are swollen the exception in this case. But I
am not the best knowledge to tell that. ;-)

What I can said is: we have an application running since Cocoon 2.0.3
and has being updated on each Cocoon version to 2.1..5 and it works
fine. We render some reports to excel, html and pdf with more than 5,000
rows.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

us online at http://www.tvnz.co.nz