cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Large xml's in cocoon
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 06:30:38 GMT
Il giorno 28/mag/04, alle 03:26, Stefano Mazzocchi ha scritto:

> Hmmm, Anna is right to report the problem though. I mean, why in hell
> an OutOfMemoryException get swollen like that?

Swollen? I think you mean "swallowed" here. Anyway, I think it has to
do more with Tomcat than with Cocoon. It happens (particularly when you
frequently reload applications) that Tomcat outputs a blank page and
logs a simple "java.lang.OutOfMemoryException" without a stacktrace to
catalina.out.

I can understand this, what else can you do when you're out of memory?
You're not guaranteed to be able to log a stacktrace or send anything
to the client. Actually, I'd rather wish Tomcat crashed in this
circumstance, so we might at least restart it automatically.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/