cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Reschedule the release
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 18:35:06 GMT
Il giorno 14/mag/04, alle 19:26, Antonio Gallardo ha scritto:

> The JCS goes beyond simply caching objects in memory. It provides
> several
> important features, necessary for any Enterprise level caching system,
> features include Memory management, disk overflow, element grouping,
> quick
> nested categorical removal, data expiration, extensible framework,
> fully
> configurable runtime parameters, remote synchronization, remote store
> recovery, non-blocking "zombie" pattern, optional lateral distribution
> of
> elements, remote server clustering and failover. These features
> provide a
> framework with no point of failure, allowing for full session failover
> including session data across up to 256 servers.
>
> That is what we are looking for? :-D

Frankly, no. At least, not in most applications. We already have too
much complexity in Cocoon, too many "configurable runtime parameters".

I'm not saying that you cannot have JCS if you really need all the
features it has to offer. I'm just saying that, for the *default*
configuration, we should prefer simplicity over features.

In other words, offer both options but with EHCache as a default.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/