cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Supersonic block has landed (Power Trio tutorial/example app)
Date Tue, 04 May 2004 21:24:16 GMT
Le 4 mai 04, à 23:04, Upayavira a écrit :
> ...In a block called tutorials, I think this could be an invaluable
> addition.

but...me likes the name supersonic ;-)

The idea is a very quick, "supersonic" tour of the most important
things in Cocoon. Next step towards understanding is to take another
slower, more complete tour of the parts that you want to study, but
that's another story (and IMHO another block).

I wouldn't want many tutorials to be mixed in a single block: I think
it is important for people to be able to look at the contents of the
supersonic (or whatever it is called if the general consensus is to
change the name) block and know that the files found there are all it
takes to build the examples and the related presentation stuff. Makes
it more modular and understandable.

I think the name is distinctive enough to stick. "Supersonic Tour" -
just a small, standalone and understandable Cocoon application which
shows the most important things. Once the word gets around that this is
a good entry point for beginners, people won't have trouble finding it.

-Bertrand