cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] Logging in Cocoon
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 16:23:47 GMT
At 02:43 PM 5/28/2004, Unico Hommes wrote:

>Without a doubt log4j is popular. But popularity is mostly only marginally
>based
>on merit. It proves good marketing, wide adoption and a large community.
>But it
>doesn't prove a it to be the best in terms of code quality, ease of use,
>or the
>most appropriate solution for any given system.

Good marketing? Hmm, log4j was never marketed. Sure, we have a
web-site but we don't market log4j at all, and never have. What is
this good marketing we've supposedly been doing? I'm interested...

I apologize if this is way out off topic, but I had to react to this
myth of the log4j marketing steam-roller.

--
Ceki Gülcü