cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject [POLL] integrating the Radeox wiki parser in Cocoon?
Date Wed, 05 May 2004 11:42:36 GMT
I've been talking with Stephan Schmidt, author of the Radeox
(http://radeox.org/) wiki parser API and reference implementation,
about a possible integration of Radeox in Cocoon.

I know we have a wiki parser already, based on Chaperon, but I feel
Radeox is much more adaptable to variations in wiki syntaxes, and also
more permissive about syntax (meaning it won't choke on syntax errors).

IMHO, the chaperon parser is very well suited to strict parsing but a
bit too rigid about the syntax, and harder to customize as it requires
people to understand the LALR grammar. Radeox uses regexp matching,
with which people are usually more familiar.

Radeox is currently LGPL and as such could not be distributed with
Cocoon, but Stephan Schmidt says a license change might possible if
there's interest from our community, in view of a possible move of the
project to the ASF later on.

So, assuming the license stuff is taken core of, should we:

[ ] Write a RadeoxWikiGenerator and distribute the Radeox binaries in
the chaperon block
[ ] Create a new radeox block for this new RadeoxWikiGenerator
[ ] Stay with the Chaperon-based wiki parser as *the* Cocoon wiki
parser and forget about Radeox

WDYT?
-Bertrand