cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stabilizing Javaflow (was Re: Fed up with build discussions: proposed deal)
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 22:07:49 GMT
On May 27, 2004, at 7:45 PM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>>> I am podering if is a worth to merge Rhino jar or if is better to
>>> create
>>> another implementation with Groovy.... or both?:-D
>>

>> For these and other issues, we are unfortunately being forced now to
>> do our own thing in order to provide our customer with something we
>> are able to support and defend both technically and legally. I'll
>> miss the continuations concept though. :-/

I wish this something discussed here in advance since we could have
maybe found a good way to work together a solution, but I understand
it's your business. Yet...

> Doesn't the solution reside in javaflow? It does support continuations
> and has no licence issues. It can even be compatible with JS
> flowscript by intrumenting Rhino-generated classfiles instead of using
> the continuations-enabled interpreter.
>
> Sure, it's too late now for your project, but it's IMO a good
> long-term solution as it provides a single infrastructure to
> continuation-enable any language compiling to bytecodes: Java, JS,
> Groovy, Jython, etc.
> So we may decide to concentrate on stabilizing javaflow to finally
> drop the forked Rhino.
> WDYT?

I'd love that. OTOH I recall Cristopher saying something structural
about the current javaflow not being able to work. Can't find the
thread ATM, but I sure hope we can circumvent this overcoming. The
world needs continuations! :-)

Ciao,
--
Gianugo Rabellino