cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Release tomorrow?
Date Fri, 14 May 2004 07:06:49 GMT
Joerg Heinicke dijo:
> On 14.05.2004 03:07, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>>>And my forms did no longer work due to a classpath issue. Cocoon
>>>delivers common collections 3.0, Tomcat has an older version of this jar
>>>in common/lib - and Tomcat seems to prefer its own one. Is that correct
>>>behaviour? How shall I get my version of a jar in the webapp to be used?
>>>Not every webapp has a paranoid classloader ... thanks again to Sylvain
>>>for that nice piece of work :)
>>

>> Hi Jörg:
>>
>> Are you tried to replace the common-collection from Cocoon in Tomcat?
>
> Yes, and that works of course, but is not an option. What about the next
> webapp using yet another version of this jar? This Tomcat behaviour
> forces me to use the same collection jar for every webapp - that's why I
> asked if this is correct behaviour at all.

I think this is part of the jar hell. I understand the concerns about
changing the default delivered by Tomcat, but we are doing the same with
xerces. Can this be seen as a non-option too? If we try to be practical,
the best we can do is change the old lib distributed by Tomcat.

>> What version of Tomcat are u using?
>
> 4.1.29

We are using Apache Tomcat/5.0.24 and don't have this kind of problems.

I hope you found a solution to the problem. :-D

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo