cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject [heads up] PMC chair nominations
Date Mon, 31 May 2004 10:25:32 GMT
The ASF board decided not to accept Steven's resigns until the PMC
itself came up with a new informed decision on who should follow him.

This means that Steven remains the chair until the board ratifies it.

Here I would like to start the nominations (in no particular order):

  - Vadim Gritsenko
  - Sylvain Wallez
  - Matthew Langham
  - Gianugo Rabellino
  [- Bertrand Delacretaz]

Bertrand already rejected the nomination but I still wanted to mention
him as being part of my list.

Given my participation as a board director, and as coherence with my
past public and private actions, I will not accept a nomination as the
Cocoon PMC chair.

If you think somebody else should be in the ballot that is not listed
above, please add him/her to the list.

If you are listed and you don't want to accept the nomination, please
say so.

As for the duty of the PMC chair, I think that a great chair is somebody
that doesn't do much at all and makes sure to collect the feedback and
pass it along to the board, or make sure that board actions are passed
down to the PMC.

The PMC chair should not be doing stuff for others, it should just be
the social bridge between two different communities.

--
Stefano.