cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Adding a global validation message to a form?
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 21:58:58 GMT
Moving this to dev list. Find the original thread at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=108559109700004&r=1&w=4.

On 28.05.2004 20:13, Bruno Dumon wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is a good
> solution, since those messages are not specifically recognized as being
> validation errors, and so this wouldn't work together with
> fi:validation-errors. Maybe the best would be to allow adding validation
> errors (multiple ones) on the form itself.

The form itself becomes ValidationErrorAware? I searched for it when
thinking about a solution, but unfortunately the form is not
implementing the interface.

So +1.

> fi:validation-errors would
> then better be replaced with a ft:validation-errors (which can crawl the
> widget tree), since otherwise it wouldn't find the errors attached to
> the form.

Hmm, I guess it is also possible to add a fi:validation-message to the
form widget as it is done for all other widgets. It must be possible to
differ between form widget (= global) validation errors, collected
"somewhere" and widget specific errors. In other words I do not want to
be forced to collect all errors at one place just because of using
ft:validation-errors for the global errors.

But +1 for the idea in general.

Joerg