cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Large xml's in cocoon
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 14:28:11 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi dijo:
>
>>Hmmm, Anna is right to report the problem though. I mean, why in hell an
>>OutOfMemoryException get swollen like that?
>

> Not sure. I don't think we are swollen the exception in this case. But I
> am not the best knowledge to tell that. ;-)
>
> What I can said is: we have an application running since Cocoon 2.0.3 and
> has being updated on each Cocoon version to 2.1..5 and it works fine. We
> render some reports to excel, html and pdf with more than 5,000 rows.

I did experience the same "white page" error before and I feel that was
an OutOfMemoryException due to the JPEG thumbnail code (I was creating
20 thumbnails at the same time from 4 megapixel images... I guess the
JVM heap was going insane).

So, let's use heuristics here: did anybody ever see an
OutOfMemoryException in an cocoon error page? I haven't.

Did you ever get a white page in cocoon that went away after one or two
reloads? I did.

thoughts?

--
Stefano.